Tag Archives: NH

NH mother of burned, beaten boy pleads guilty

A New Hampshire woman accused of failing to get help for her beaten and burned 3-year-old son has pleaded guilty to several charges and has been sentenced to at least 2½ years in prison.

Prosecutors recovered a video last year of 24-year-old Jessica Linscott of Plaistow and her boyfriend, Roland Dow, prepping the child before the arrival of a social worker who was checking on him. Three weeks later, little James was hospitalized with a traumatic brain injury and burns to his wrist and fingers. The couple were arrested two weeks later at a Florida theme park.

Linscott was scheduled to face trial on July 29. She pleaded guilty Wednesday to witness tampering and endangering the welfare of a child.

She’s expected to testify against Dow at his trial.

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

Ductless A/C Units

By Roger2561

Hi folks, I live in NH in my folks old farmhouse (both gone now). Although I spent quite a bit of money insulating it, it gets hot in there in the summer. Can you offer up your opinions (pros and cons) on the ductless A/C units where it’s basically a DIY’er install? I do not want a window unit due to back problems and having difficulty lifting things. I’m leaning toward purchasing a 14,000 BTU unit for the common space. All I want to do is lower the temp to some where around 75 degrees from the 90 degrees it gets in there. Thanks in advance for your help. Roger

…read more

Source: DoItYourself.com

NH woman silent amid Rwanda genocide allegations

Amid searing testimony by survivors of the Rwanda genocide, a New Hampshire woman sentenced to 10 years in prison after she was found guilty of lying about her role in the 1994 atrocity has said nothing.

Through two trials, 43-year-old Beatrice Munyenyezi (moon-yehn-YEH’-zee) of Manchester sat silently. She chose not to speak on her own behalf at her sentencing Monday in federal court in Concord. The Rwanda native also declined requests for interviews.

The judge who sentenced her said she participated in the deliberate and hateful mass murder of hundreds of thousands of Tutsis in the African nation.

Her lawyers say the maximum sentence she received will spare her from imminent deportation to Rwanda — a move they say would amount to a death sentence.

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

NH woman gets 10 years in Rwanda fraud case

A New Hampshire woman who lied about her role in the 1994 Rwanda genocide has been sentenced to 10 years in prison, a fate her lawyers say is tantamount to a death sentence.

Rwanda native Beatrice Munyenyezi remained stoic as U.S. District Judge Steven McAuliffe sentenced her to the maximum prison time. She declined her right to address the court.

Munyenyezi, 43, was convicted in February of entering the United States and securing citizenship by lying about her role as a commander of one of the notorious roadblocks where Tutsis were singled out for slaughter. She also denied affiliation with any political party, despite her husband’s leadership role in the extremist Hutu militia party.

McAuliffe acknowledged she has led a crime-free and productive life since her arrival in New Hampshire in 1998 but said it was a life lived under false pretenses.

Federal prosecutors had sought the maximum prison sentence, saying she’s as guilty as if she wielded the machete herself.

During the 1994 genocide, at least 500,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were killed in a campaign of mass murder orchestrated by Hutu extremists.

Munyenyezi’s lawyers say they will appeal her conviction to the 1st Circuit Court of Appeals — a move that is expected to delay deportation proceedings.

Through two trials and the three years since her indictment in 2010, Munyenyezi has remained silent. She did not testify and declined an Associated Press request for an interview in the wake of her first trial ending a mistrial in 2012.

She has spent most of those three years in custody and apart from her three daughters, ages 18-20.

Her lawyers portrayed her as the victim of lies by Rwandan witnesses who never before implicated her through nearly two decades of investigations and trials — even when testifying against her husband and his mother before the International Criminal Tribunal on Rwanda.

Prosecutors maintained that she was a liar who “gamed” the immigration system to fraudulently obtain the “golden ticket” of citizenship. She swore on immigration and naturalization forms that she persecuted no one, had no affiliation with any political party and even cast herself as a victim of the genocide by saying family members “disappeared.”

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

NH woman to be sentenced in Rwanda fraud case

A New Hampshire woman who fled Rwanda and obtained U.S. citizenship a decade ago faces up to 10 years in prison for lying to U.S. Customs officials about her role in the 1994 Rwanda genocide.

Beatrice Munyenyezi (moon-yehn-YEH’-zee) was convicted in federal court in February of masking her role at one of the notorious roadblocks where Tutsis were singled out for slaughter.

Federal prosecutors are seeking the maximum prison sentence — 10 years — saying she’s as guilty as if she wielded the machete in the killing fields of Butare.

Her lawyers intend to seek a sentence of less than a year to give the 43-year-old mother of three a better chance of avoiding being deported. They say deportation would amount to a death sentence.

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

Swallowed ring recovered by NH police

Police say they’ve got the $3,200 engagement ring a New Hampshire allegedly swallowed during an attempted jewelry store theft.

Authorities charged 52-year-old Ronald Perley with theft and falsifying physical evidence after they say X-rays showed the 14-karat white-gold ring with princess-cut diamonds inside him.

WMUR-TV (http://bit.ly/15cl7n3 ) reports Manchester police had recovered the ring as of Saturday.

Perley allegedly went into Bellman’s Jewelers on Thursday asking about engagement rings. Workers said he grabbed a ring then swallowed it after being confronted.

Police say surveillance footage shows Perley taking the ring and putting his hand to his mouth.

Perley was being held on $50,000 bail. It’s not clear if he has an attorney.

From: http://feeds.foxnews.com/~r/foxnews/national/~3/DQmrmcljxYQ/

EK System 2000 in New Hampshire

By DYInewbie

Hi,

I know there have been many threads on EK System 2000 mine is not another how good is it or anything, I guess it is ok, I bought a house that already had it so I am stuck with it for now. What I would like to know is does anyone out there most likely from NH that know of anyone that services them in southern NH? I have called EK and they gave a a few but a couple of the companies are oil dealers and I do not trust them to make my system as efficient as it can be since they sell oil and they won’t even work on it unless you are one of their customers anyway. So I would like to know if any one can PM me some heating/plumbing people that know or have worked on EK System 2000 and also if any of you know of good site to purchase parts for the system 2000 like a plate heat exchanger? Thanks.

From: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/gas-oil-home-heating-furnaces/493057-ek-system-2000-new-hampshire.html

X-rays show NH man swallowed ring, police say

Police say the X-rays don’t lie: A man who tried to flee from a New Hampshire jewelry store with a diamond ring worth $3,200 swallowed it.

Employees at Bellman’s Jewelers in Manchester say Ronald Perley came in Thursday and was looking for an engagement ring.

Police say the 52-year-old Perley picked up a ring and ran toward the door.

Workers confronted him, saying they saw Perley put his hand to his mouth and swallow. He denied swallowing the ring.

Police got a search warrant and brought him to Elliot Hospital, where X-rays showed the 14-karat white-gold ring with princess-cut diamonds inside him.

Perley was arraigned on charges of theft and falsifying physical evidence. It wasn’t immediately clear whether he had a lawyer. His $50,000 bail includes the ring’s recovery.

From: http://feeds.foxnews.com/~r/foxnews/national/~3/18lBfrUB6O8/

Shower P-trap

By Docvox

I have a 230 year-old home, and am renovating a 2nd-floor bath. I have roughed in the new soil pipe from the original CI to the closet flange with 1/8″ per ft pitch. I have aprox 8″ between floors in which to work. I now am roughing in from the new shower pan, using 2″ pvc running to the 3×2 sanitary tee in the soil-pipe line. The problem is, while I can (barely) fit the 2″ p-trap between the floors, the outlet of the p-trap is 3-3/4″ above the inlet of the sanitary tee, with a run of approximately 30″ – a pitch of about 1-1/2″ per ft. If I come off the p-trap with a pair of 60deg street elbows, I can run the remaining 2″ line with between 1/8″ and 1/4″ pitch per ft. I see no other way of doing this besides dropping the p-trap through my dining-room ceiling. Going to 1-1/2″ reduces but doesn’t solve the problem, and would probably cause water back-up in the shower pan.
Is my solution acceptable within NH codes?

From: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/plumbing-piping/493045-shower-p-trap.html

Man who took hostages from Clinton office found and arrested in NH after escape

Authorities say a New Hampshire man who took hostages at a Hillary Rodham Clinton presidential campaign office in 2007 has been arrested after he walked away from a minimum-security correctional facility.

State Department of Corrections spokesman Jeff Lyons says Leeland Eisenberg was arrested by Manchester police without incident Monday.

The 52-year-old Eisenberg was missing from his room during a head count Sunday at the Calumet Transitional Housing Unit in Manchester.

He was sentenced in 2010 to 3 1/2 to 7 years for probation violations. He would have been eligible for parole in August.

Eisenberg spent about two years behind bars for the siege at Clinton’s Rochester campaign office in which he claimed to have a bomb. No one was hurt. The bomb turned out to be road flares.

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

Clinton office hostage taker found, arrested in NH

Authorities say a New Hampshire man who took hostages at a Hillary Rodham Clinton presidential campaign office in 2007 has been arrested after he walked away from a minimum-security correctional facility.

State Department of Corrections spokesman Jeff Lyons says Leeland Eisenberg was arrested by Manchester police without incident Monday.

The 52-year-old Eisenberg was missing from his room during a head count Sunday at the Calumet (kal-yoo-MEHT’) Transitional Housing Unit in Manchester.

He was sentenced in 2010 to 3 ½ to 7 years for probation violations. He would have been eligible for parole in August.

Eisenberg spent about two years behind bars for the siege at Clinton’s Rochester campaign office in which he claimed to have a bomb. No one was hurt. The bomb turned out to be road flares.

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

Clinton office hostage taker missing from NH unit

Authorities say a New Hampshire man who took hostages at a Hillary Rodham Clinton presidential campaign office in 2007 has vanished from his correctional facility.

The state Department of Corrections tells WMUR-TV (http://bit.ly/10JbGpv ) that Leeland Eisenberg missed a head count Sunday afternoon at the Calumet (kal-yoo-MEHT’) Transitional Housing Unit in Manchester.

Eisenberg was sentenced in May 2010 to 3 ½ to 7 years for probation violations. The station reports that he would have been eligible for parole in August.

Authorities say the 52-year-old Eisenberg isn’t considered armed.

He spent about two years behind bars for the November 2007 siege at Clinton’s Rochester campaign office in which he claimed to have a bomb. No one was hurt in a five-hour standoff and the bomb turned out to be road flares.

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

Today in History for 22nd March 2013

Historical Events

1594 – French King Henri IV festival in Paris
1953 – AntonínZápotockýchosen as president of Czechoslovakia
1962 – “I Can Get It For You Wholesale” opens at Shubert NYC for 300 perfs
1968 – Student riot in Nanterre near Paris
1990 – The ML umpires announce that they will boycott exhibition games
1991 – Pamela Smart (HS teacher) found guilty in NH of manipulating her student-lover to kill her husband

More Historical Events »

Famous Birthdays

1752 – Johann Georg Joseph Spangler, composer
1846 – Randolph Caldecott, England, illustrator (Caldecott Medal namesake)
1885 – Adriano Lualdi, composer
1903 – James S Russell, US pilot/admiral (WW II Pacific Ocean)
1930 – Derek Bok, American lawyer and educator
1966 – Artis Pabriks, Latvian politician

More Famous Birthdays »

Famous Deaths

1923 – Theophile Delcasse, French statesman, dies at 71
1955 – Ivan Šubašić, Kingdom of Yugoslavia prime minister and last ban of Croatia (b. 1892)
1962 – Aura Abranches, Port actress (Lisboa, O Primo Basilio), dies at 65
1964 – Addison Richards, actor (Col-Pentagon), dies at 76
1969 – Ernst Deutsch, [Dorian], Czech actor (3rd Man, Golem), dies at 78
2001 – William Hanna, American animator and studio founder, dies at 90

More Famous Deaths »

…read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at HistoryOrb.Com – This Day in History

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Announces Internet Availability of Proxy Materials for 2013 Annual Meet

By Business Wirevia The Motley Fool

Filed under:

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Announces Internet Availability of Proxy Materials for 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders

SOUTHPORT, Conn.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYS: RGR) announces that proxy materials for its 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders are available on the Internet in accordance with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC“) Notice and Access rule which allows companies to furnish their proxy materials through the Internet.

Sturm, Ruger is mailing to its stockholders of record as of March 11, 2013 a notice regarding the Internet availability of the proxy materials instead of a paper copy of its proxy statement and 2012 Annual Report on Form 10-K. This notice contains instructions regarding how to access the Company’s proxy materials through the Internet and how to vote electronically through the Internet or in person at the Annual Meeting. Sturm, Ruger believes that this process will reduce printing, postage and environmental costs for distributing paper copies of its proxy materials.

Sturm, Ruger’s proxy statement and 2012 Annual Report on Form 10-K have been filed with the SEC and may also be viewed at the Company’s website at www.ruger.com. Stockholders who wish to obtain paper copies of the Company’s proxy materials at no charge may do so by following the instructions provided in the notice being mailed to stockholders, or by writing to Leslie M. Gasper, Corporate Secretary, Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc., Lacey Place, Southport, CT 06890.

All Company stockholders are cordially invited to attend Sturm, Ruger’s 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders on Tuesday, April 30, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. Mountain Standard Time at the Hassayampa Inn, 122 East Gurley Street, Prescott, AZ 86301.

Sturm, Ruger was founded in 1949 and is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of high-quality firearms for the commercial sporting market. Sturm, Ruger is headquartered in Southport, CT, with manufacturing facilities located in Newport, NH and Prescott, AZ.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens®

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.
One Lacey Place
Southport, CT 06890
www.ruger.com
203-259-7843

KEYWORDS:   United States  North America  Arizona  Connecticut

INDUSTRY KEYWORDS:

The article Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Announces Internet Availability of Proxy Materials for 2013 Annual Meeting of Stockholders originally appeared on …read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at DailyFinance

Enter the Game of Thrones Sweepstakes Presented by Time Warner Cable for a Chance to Own the Throne

By Business Wirevia The Motley Fool

Filed under:

Enter the Game of Thrones Sweepstakes Presented by Time Warner Cable for a Chance to Own the Throne (Seriously)

Grand Prize package includes life-size replica of the Iron Throne from the popular HBO series!

NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)– As part of a partnership with HBO, Time Warner Cable is helping customers Enjoy Shows Better with the launch of the Game of Thrones Sweepstakes on Facebook. Beginning today, entrants will have a chance to win their very own life-size replica of the “Iron Throne” from HBO‘s Game of Thrones along with a home entertainment center so they can watch the show like never before. In addition, five First Prize winners will win a Game of Thrones customized Xbox 360 and prize pack, while three Second Prize winners will receive a Game of Thrones prize pack.

The Grand Prize package also includes:

  • A flat-screen HDTV and home theater system
  • Time Warner Cable Digital TV and Broadband Internet service plus HBO and Cinemax subscription for 12 months.
  • Game of Thrones customized Xbox 360
  • Game of Thrones prize pack

To enter the Sweepstakes, entrants must be a fan of the Time Warner Cable or Mi Cultura Facebook page and fill out and submit the online registration form by April 12. The Grand Prize winner will be selected on or around April 15.

Check out the actual making of the Thronereplicaon Time Warner Cable‘s YouTube channel:YouTube.com/TWC. Game of Thrones Season 3 premieres March 31st at 9/8c on HBO.

No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited. Enjoy Shows Better: The “Game of Thrones” Sweepstakes presented by Time Warner Cable is open to legal U.S. residents who reside in a serviceable area of Time Warner Cable or Insight Communications and those living in the same household in the following states/areas: AL, AZ, CA, CO (only in Gunnison), GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV, or WI, and 18 years of age or older. Starts 10:01 a.m. ET 3/16/13 & ends 11:59 …read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at DailyFinance