Tag Archives: Page Six

Vince Camuto Lists His Hamptons Estate For $48 Million

Kanye West On ‘SNL’? Rumor Has Rapper Appearing On ‘Saturday Night Live’ In May

By The Huffington Post News Editors

Is Kanye West headed back to “Saturday Night Live” for the first time since 2010? That’s the report from Page Six, which claims that West will perform on the May 18 edition of “SNL.”

Before getting too excited, note that NBC did not confirm the Page Six rumor. A spokesperson for the show told The Huffington Post that the May lineup is not finalized. As always, guest bookings are not official until they are officially announced by the show. Thus far, only Zach Galifianakis is locked in for a May appearance (May 4), with indie-rock outfit Of Monsters and Men acting as that episode’s musical guest.

West’s last “SNL” appearance was a memorable one. He appeared on the Oct. 2, 2010 episode, which was hosted by “Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston, and performed two songs: “Runaway” and “Power.” That latter track features West dissing the venerable sketch comedy series (“F–k ‘SNL‘ and the whole cast …”), but the rapper changed the lyric for broadcast. His performance of “Runaway” (which also provided Cranston the opportunity to say “Pusha-T”) was noteworthy for the stage design and use of ballerinas, with unprecedented use of art direction and staging for a musical guest on “SNL.”

Read More…
More on SNL

From: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/18/kanye-west-snl_n_3109785.html

It's a Boy! Georgina Chapman Welcomes Second Child

By Justin Fenner

V12 Fiat 500

Congratulations are in order for Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, who gave birth to a boy late last week.

Page Six reported that Chapman and her movie mogul husband, Harvey Weinstein, welcomed the new addition to their family on Thursday in New York. It’s the first son for both Chapman and Weinstein, and the second child the couple has had together (they had a daughter, India Pearl, in 2010). Weinstein has three daughters – Emma, Lily, and Ruth – from his first marriage.

From: http://www.fashionologie.com/Georgina-Chapman-Gives-Birth-Baby-Boy-29442929

Anna Wintour Brings Eva Chen Back to Condé Nast and Plans Another Major Hire

By Justin Fenner

It’s only been three weeks since Anna Wintour took on her much publicized new role as artistic director at Condé Nast, but word has it she’s already planning some key hires.

Fashionista confirmed on Wednesday that Wintour had hired former Teen Vogue beauty and health director Eva Chen to help with “several projects” at Lucky, where Wintour has reportedly been spending a lot of her time of late. (Last Week, The New York Post reported that the magazine’s editor in chief, Brandon Holley, was among the first to reach out to Wintour for help following her promotion.)

Page Six reported today that Wintour is on the lookout for a new head of public relations, preferably with a background in business or politics, to replace Vogue‘s outgoing director of communications, Megan Salt. Salt will leave the magazine on May 10 to take on a new job at Amazon Fashion.

Source: FULL ARTICLE at fashionologie

Rumor Mill: Is Nicola Formichetti Headed to Diesel?

By Justin Fenner

Just a day after it was announced that Nicola Formichetti is leaving Mugler, rumor has it he’s headed for a partnership with Diesel.

A variety of sources have reported that Formichetti, who helmed Mugler for two years, will soon work with Diesel in some capacity, but there’s some disagreement as to how he’ll partner with the brand. WWD has it that Formichetti will design a collaboration with the Italian company, while Page Six reports he’ll be named its creative director.

Neither Diesel nor Formichetti himself has commented on those rumors, but the designer did shed some light on why he decided to leave Mugler.

“I wanted to do something else, even bigger, more global,” he told WWD, adding that “I really hope the audience has enjoyed what we have done and appreciated our push to democratize high fashion, not only through the enjoyment of clothing but also through a total, inclusive fashion experience.”

To mark his new beginning, Formichetti posted a pure white square to his Instagram account Wednesday morning with the caption, “Shut it down and restart again. Ready for this?”

…read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at fashionologie

Barbara Walters Will Retire Next Year: Reports

By John Johnson Looks like Barbara Walters is ready to call it quits after 50-plus years in the TV business. Deadline first reported that the 83-year-old was poised to announce that she would retire in May 2014, and everyone from Page Six to USA Today to the Huffington Post has confirmed the scoop… …read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at Newser – Home

Elin Nordegren, Tiger Woods’ Ex, Reportedly Dating Billionaire Chris Cline

By The Huffington Post News Editors

Does Elin Nordegren have a new man in her life?

According to Page Six, Tiger Woods‘ 33-year-old ex-wife has been dating 53-year-old billionaire Chris Cline since the holidays.

Both Nordegren and Cline — a coal magnate worth a reported $1.2 billion dollars own homes in a North Palm Beach, Fla. oceanfront community called Seminole Landing.

Read More…

…read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at Huffington Post

Rachel Zoe's TV Show Addresses Rumored Business Woes

By Justin Fenner

A trailer for the new season of The Rachel Zoe Project, which premieres on March 6, sheds some light on rumors that its star’s clothing line had lower-than-expected sales last year.

After following Zoe to Fashion Week in New York and Paris, camera crews capture Zoe getting bad news about the health of her label’s sales.

“A lot of the pieces that go down the runway don’t do well on a retail floor,” says one of Zoe’s associates about halfway through the teaser. Later, the stylist’s husband and business partner, Rodger Berman, says, “I just want it to be commercially viable, that’s all. . . . The legitimacy of our company is really at stake.”

In August, Page Six reported that consumer interest in Zoe’s line had “peaked” and that her show might not return to Bravo. But shortly after the network confirmed a fifth season of The Rachel Zoe Project, Zoe dismissed any speculation that her line was underperforming. “My business is up significantly. Just launched jewelry, things are going well,” she said at the FABB conference in New York. “None of those points from the NY Post article were true, and it got picked up by everyone. Our retailers didn’t even blink, though, because they know the truth.”

Perhaps that confident statement means whatever caused concerns about Zoe’s business was resolved. A look at the trailer, below.

Related: Rumor: Are Sales of Rachel Zoe’s Clothing Line on the Decline? (Update)

Related: Rachel Zoe Fall 2012

Source: FULL ARTICLE at fashionologie

Vittorio Missoni's Son Calls Plane Crash "Least Plausible Reason" For Father's Disappearance

By Justin Fenner

The Missoni family is holding fast to the hope that Vittorio Missoni‘s missing plane was hijacked, and Vittorio’s eldest son has called a crash implausible.

“My father will come back; we are waiting for him,” said Vittorio’s 28-year-old son Ottavio Missoni Jr. in an interview with the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera. “I am not speaking with my head but with my heart. A plane cannot vanish in this way, on a short route, without leaving any trace . . . I remain convinced that the least plausible reason is that they crashed into the water. My uncle Luca, in Venezuela, has also confirmed that these planes are capable of sea landings in case of emergency.”

Luca Missoni, Vittorio’s brother and a trained pilot, is in Venezuela working with the search party that’s been trying to find Vittorio, his wife, Maurizia Castiglioni, their friend Guido Foresti, and Foresti’s wife, Elda Scalvenzi. They were on a small twin-engine plane traveling from Los Roques to Caracas on Saturday morning, but the plane disappeared shortly after taking off. Angela Missoni, Vittorio’s sister and the brand’s creative director, said earlier this week that she hopes the traveling party was kidnapped. “It’s better to be kidnapped than at the bottom of the sea,” she said.

In the meantime, it’s said the Missoni brand will carry on with business as usual. An unnamed source <a target=_blank href="
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/mystery_of_the_missoni_plane_ZNUx0xRpLDozBFMNt5592O” target=”_blank”>told Page Six that the house plans to show its men’s collection in Milan next week. However, there’s no official plan to replace Vittorio if he and the others aren’t found.

“There is no succession plan in place,” the source said. “Nobody expected this to happen.”

From left, Marco Missoni, his father, Vittorio Missoni, and brothers Marco Missoni and Ottavio Missoni Jr.

Source: FULL ARTICLE at fashionologie