Tag Archives: Peter King

Peter King: Hillary Clinton Would ‘Destroy’ Ted Cruz, GOP ‘Isolationists’ In 2016 (VIDEO)

By The Huffington Post News Editors

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) claims he thinks former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D) would “destroy” some of his Republican peers in a potential 2016 matchup.

“I think she’s very strong on foreign policy, and I think that if we nominate someone from our isolationist wing of the party, she’ll destroy them,” King said. “We need somebody that can stand up to her.”

King said he’s “not a fan” of Cruz, labeling him an “isolationist” and saying he has a “bad image for the party.” King also offered his views on a number of other Republicans seen as potential 2016 contenders, including Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Read More…
More on Hillary Clinton

…read more

Source: FULL ARTICLE at Huffington Post

'We got him!' But now authorities want answers in Boston Marathon bombing

Now that police have secured the second of two suspects in Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing — who as of Saturday night lay hospitalized in serious condition under heavy guard and apparently in no shape to be interrogated — the long and meticulous process of examining motives, methods and possible links begins.

There was no immediate word on when Tsarnaev might be charged and what those charges would be. The twin bombings killed three people and wounded more than 180.

The most serious charge available to federal prosecutors would be the use of a weapon of mass destruction to kill people, which carries a possible death sentence. Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.

A Justice Department official said Friday the government is invoking a seldom-used public safety exception permitting officials to engage in a limited and focused unwarned interrogation of a suspect — in this case Dzhokhar Tsarnaev — without first reading him his typically assured Miranda rights. That official, as well as a second, both of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity, says Tsarnaev will be questioned by a special interrogation team for high-value suspects.

The public safety exception not only permits the unwarned questioning of a suspect, but also allows the government to introduce any statement yielded by such interrogation as evidence in court. The exception is triggered when authorities have an objectively reasonable need to protect themselves or the public from a clear and present danger.

However, the exception lasts only 48 hours and should be extended by declaring Tsarnaev a potential enemy combatant, under the Law of War, Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham, South Carolina; John McCain, Arizona; and Kelly Ayotte, New Hampshire, said in a statement Saturday. They were joined by New York Republican Rep. Peter King.

According to media accounts, Tsarnaev and his brother, Tamerlan, were Muslims who recently gravitated to a radical strain of Islam, going so far as to post Anti-American, jihadist videos on social-media sites. Both are thought to have as-yet-unprobed ties to a radical Muslim cleric hellbent on the destruction of the American way of life.

A day-long dragnet for Tsarnaev ended Friday, with police capturing the suspect covered in blood and hiding in a boat in the backyard of a man who called 911 after becoming suspicious of activity on his property.

“We got him,” Boston Mayor Tom Menino tweeted moments later, as neighbors gathered to form a gauntlet of cheers while a phalanx of police cars departed the scene.

Police moved in on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Friday evening after a tip led them to the home on Franklin Street, where he apparently had been hiding in the back yard.

Neighbors said they heard more than 30 shots likened to “a roll of firecrackers shooting off.” Police swarmed the scene, and several explosions, possibly police concussion grenades, were heard after a robot moved in on the boat. Less than two hours later, at about 9 p.m., the suspect, believed to have been injured in a wild shootout that spanned Thursday night to Friday morning, was being taken to

From: http://feeds.foxnews.com/~r/foxnews/national/~3/H7qGJg1lgBI/

Fake bomb got past Newark airport airport screeners, report says

An undercover Transportation Security Administration inspector reportedly brought a mock improvised explosive device stashed in his pants through two layers of security and was cleared to board a commercial flight last month.

The New York Post reports that the TSA‘s special operations team staged a mock intrusion at the airport on Feb. 25. The inspector brought the mock “bomb” through amagnetometer, which failed to detect the device, a source told the paper.

The other security check that failed to catch the mock device was a pat-down, according to the report.

New York Rep. Peter King called for an extensive security review at Newark Liberty Airport after a newspaper reported Friday that a simulated explosive got past screeners.

King, a Republican and former chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, called for an extensive security review at Newark Liberty Airport in a letter to Transportation Security Administration Administrator John Pistole on Friday.

King called for a “top-to-bottom” review of TSA operations at Newark.

The TSA wouldn’t confirm the details of the report but in statement said it regularly puts screeners through “the most difficult and isolated training scenarios to ensure officers are able to detect even the most difficult to find devices.”

Since December 2011, more than 50 airport workers have faced TSA disciplinary action at Newark for various violations; a TSA agent was charged with stealing $5,000 from a traveler’s jacket; a security breach at an exit area caused the evacuation of a terminal, and a non-TSA security employee pleaded guilty to using a fake identity for 20 years.

A federal report last May found that the TSA took corrective action on fewer than half of reported security breaches between January 2010 and May 2011. It also said Newark security officials had taken positive steps since 2010 to improve efforts to correct security vulnerabilities.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Click here for more from the New York Post.

…read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at Fox US News

Hey Joe Flacco, Did You See Tom Brady's New Contract Extension?

By Monte Burke, Forbes Staff

Sports Illustrated’s Peter King, citing an unnamed source, says that New England Patriots quarterback, Tom Brady, has signed a three-year extension that will amount to $27 million and will severely reduce his contract’s hit on the Patriots salary cap space. The extension will take him through 2017. He will receive a $3 million signing bonus. …read more
Source: FULL ARTICLE at Forbes Latest