A massive explosion at a fertilizer plant near Waco, Texas injured dozens of people and killed an unknown number of others on Wednesday. Below are emergency resources compiled by KTVT-TV and WFAA.com.
To check on injured residents admitted to Hillcrest Baptist Medical Center call (254) 202-1100
For family inquiries about patients at Scott & White call (888) 394-4947
Family inquiries about patients at Providence Health Center (254) 761-7200
The Extraco Events Center will be setting up to take donations starting tomorrow at 9:00 am. For information call (254) 776-1660
Carter Blood Care Center will accept donations beginning at 9 a.m. Thursday in Waco. Find more locations here.
First Baptist Church of Lott has room for anyone needing a place to stay. Call (254) 829-2321
American Red Cross crews from across Texas were sent to the site of an explosion at a fertilizer plant near Waco where multiple injuries have been reported. To donate blood – find a location near you.
Both Peas & Tots and Smarty Pants consignment stores in Waco are accepting clothing donations in all sizes for those in West
– Valley Mills Nursing Home has rooms available for nursing home residents if placement is needed for any of the West Nursing home residents. Call (254) 932-6288.
– Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary Parish at 219 W. Magnolia Street, Penelope, TX 76676 can handle 100 families.
– Ben’s Boat Repair in Elm Mott has space avaliable for pets and a few people, 435 S. McLennan Loop, (254) 716-9593
– First Baptist Church of Lott has room for anyone needing a place to stay. Call (254) 829-2321. (KWTX News 10)
– Blair’s Cove Apts in Waco is offering housing to any resident affected by #Westexplosion 2425 S. 21 Street (254) 447-0810
– Evacuees were told to go to the Community Center in Abbott, Texas, about five miles north of West, Texas.
– Church of the Open Door will be opened for survivors. They are located off of exit 339 in Bellmead. (News Channel 25)
– Home Depot in Bellmead is open all night for assistance. (News Channel 25)
– All Gholson ISD schools have been opened to be used as shelters.
– Penelope High School has been opened for survivors.
– Central United Methodist Church
– Texas State Technical State College in Waco
– Latham Springs Camp and Retreat Center (254) 694-3689
– Aquilla ISD
– Alliance Auto Auction on I-35
– Sykora Family Ford in West
– Gholson Baptist Church
– La Vega Veterinary Clinic – taking in small animals for the night
– Pharmacy at HEB Store on Woodway
– Antioch Community church at 501 North 20th Street in Waco
Click here for more from KTVT-TV.
Click here for more from WFAA.com.