This is a troubled time in American history.
The recent election revealed the changing face and values of the electorate, as well as stark and deep divisions among the people. Citizens everywhere are considering vital questions:
- Should we reform/abolish the current party system? Is a new political party a viable option?
- Does the Electoral College still work for America today?
- Would non-partisan re-districting help create better balance at election time?
- How should we adjust our policies with regard to immigration and our borders?
- How can we become fiscally sound and remain within budgetary restraints?
- As America re-examines the 2nd Amendment, how can we best preserve our gun/militia rights as written and intended by our Founding Fathers? Are we capable of keeping passion and anger from deciding this issue?
- Should America adopt term limits?
- Are the words in our founding documents still alive and inspirational? Should we be guided by them still today, or have they become irrelevant?
Many people today fear that our rights are being eroded, and some even say our country is “broken”. Perhaps we, as caretakers of this nation, can heal the break by finding common ground amongst ourselves.
This website has one purpose: to gather the opinions and suggestions of caring citizens, and then present them to our elected officials. Write as much or as little as you wish. Come back whenever you want to contribute. Above all, speak freely, whether you are….
- Red or Blue
- Left or Right
- Tea Party or Occupy
- 99% or 1%
- Big government or Limited government
- Employed or out-of-work
- Young or Old
To post a new topic or reply, an active gov.summit.net account is required. It’s quick and easy.
Login or create your own membership today!